Monday, June 3, 2013

So this week has been really good!  It has been a great couple of weeks being with Elder Moala.  I have learned a ton about the different culture of Tonga.  I think that is has been great because things in Tonga are really different and it has been good to learn that from Elder Moala because you can see the difference in how things are in different parts of the world.  He has taught me a lot about the different ways they treat their Elders and Missionaries.  They have a lot of convert baptisms in Tonga and he has told me that it is because of the respect and love that they have for God and the his servants and that it is a bit different here because not everyone is all happy to see us all of the time.  So it has been a learning experience for both of us to be able to kind of mesh the different ways that we have been raised and to be really great together.  We talked about it quite a bit yesterday and it was good because we were able to find out ways to bring the Tongan spirit to these wards, as it is quite needed here.  I have really gotten a good feeling about him being here and that he is exactly what these wards need to help the work progress. 
 
You know it is kind of funny how these bast 8 weeks or so have gone.  I have really thought about why I was assigned to this area and I fasted yesterday to know and I have gotten a really strong feeling that I am supposed to be here for other missionaries.  When President Taylor called me to be a District Leader he said that he felt inspired to have me serve here as a District Leader and I have been able to see that.  I have been able to see some impact that I have had with the members of the District and I am continually trying to see more and more of my purpose here.  I am very grateful for the opportunity that our Heavenly Father has given me and continues to give me to serve in this area, with the people that I have.  I have learned quite a bit here about the different things that I am to do to keep the spirit of missionary work with me throughout the rest of my life.  If anything else, I believe that this area has been exactly what I needed for this time on my mission. 
 
We were able to find a solid new investigator this week and I am super excited to be able to teach her.  Her name is Anne and she is from France and has a couple of kids and has had contact with members at the school that she works at in Buckeye and has a lot of faith and is really open to learning more and she has said that she has gone to a cottage meeting and a church service in Buckeye with some members there and she has really liked it!  So hopefully we will be able to continue to teach her! :)
 
We have noticed a lot of part-member families that we need to start working with and so we are trying to meet with them and to help them to start progressing.  It may not amount to anything while I am here, but it will plant the seed for the next missionaries.  I have learned a lot recently about the importance of always giving the credit to God and to be able to be a worthy messenger for him and I am super excited to be able to continue that knowledge.  It kind of all came yesterday when there was this lady in our ward who had some pretty traumatic experiences in Mexico with being held in prison for something she didn't do and that while she was there she continually prayed and asked for guidance and was able to share the gospel with the people that she was with and was a missionary and she continually gave the credit to God and Jesus Christ.  I realized that while I was sitting there that I haven't been doing that as much as I should and that everything that I have been able to do on my mission is because of the spirit that Our Heavenly Father has given me and has been able to help me overcome a lot of my weaknesses.
 
Hope your week goes good!

Love,
 
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.