It is getting hot here, I think it got up to about 114 this week
and so that was really unbearable, but I was really grateful that we
have a car and that I don't have to bike 20 miles in this everyday! :)
So Elder Moala is trying to get me all pumped up before I
get home! The people who we live with have a weight lifting bar and so
we have been doing that every morning and so I will be nice and ripped
before I get home! haha jkjk probably not! I like food too much. :) So
I have been made an honorary Tongan because the Tongan people eat like
me, share food like me and look like me! haha (minus the dark skin) haha
It has been really fun being with Elder Moala, he plays for me the
hymns in Tongan all the time and now he has said that I speak it in my
sleep! haha I can only say like 2 or three words when I am awake but
apparently I can say all sorts of stuff in my sleep! haha It has been
fun helping him learn English. He is learning very well, there is only a
few times that I have to have him say things over again to see what he
is saying, but overall it is really good.
So this week has be really good! We have been able to
find a couple of more people this week and it has been good. We were
able to start teaching a Lady named Kelly and her family. Kelly is a
less-active member and is wanting to come back and she has a nonmember
husband and step-son and so I really hope that some things will progress
with them. She has been through a lot and so she is really wanting her
family to come with her and eventually have the gospel in their home
more!! That was really awesome! They are an awesome family! She is
watching her two grandchildren for the next couple of weeks and they are
like 4 and 7 and they are both fluent in Italian and mostly fluent in
English! The 7 year old is pretty fluent in English and was translating
to his sister what we were saying so that was really cool to see! You
can really tell that they want Christ more in their life and it is
awesome to see that!
We also had a pretty good lesson with a Lady named Anne who we
found last week and It was a really good lesson! We talked a lot about
the purpose of the Book of Mormon and why this church is the true church
of Christ today. It was a really good lesson and we had a really good fellow shipper with us and so it was really good to see that.
We are continually finding more and more ways of what we need to do
in this area to find people to teach. We talked with a member in the
Verrado ward who went all out and made a huge dinner with all sorts of
non-members and less-active members and told us to invite as many people
as you want and to have a good lesson planned to share! So that was
really cool! I hope that excitement will be able to spread throughout
the ward!
Hope you have a great week!
Love ya!
Elder Luke Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.