So this week has been a really good one! haha It has been a little hard to not be "trunky" and all of that because this last Thursday I got my flight itinerary too and also a letter from President Taylor informing me of what is going to be happening the last couple of days in the mission field. So that was super weird to get, I have seen a ton of other missionaries get the same stuff and now it is my turn I guess! haha
So this past week I have been making a list of "What I have learned from my mission" and I have realized that I have learned a lot about a ton of stuff! I have kind of grouped it into 3 main categories of 1. being able to rely a lot more and the spirit 2. Understanding my role in this life and my relationship with God 3. Being able to learn the Gospel and continue my learning. I think that I will use a lot of this in my Homecoming talk, so I won't go into too much detail but I will just say that I have kind of compared the mission to the Plan of Salvation. We know the Plan of Salvation to be pretty much into three parts 1. Pre-Earth life 2. Earth life and 3. Post-earth life. So it is with the mission we have 1. Pre-Mission life, where we learn the Gospel and prepare for a mission we know that we are supposed to go to gain experience to help us for after the mission and then we have number 2. Mission life, where you learn valuable experiences in the Gospel understand the Priesthood and create a foundation for the rest of your life and then number 3. Post-mission life, where we return home and live with our families and create families of our own. I thought that this was a really good way to think about just how important a mission is and how much it relates to almost everything that we do. So that was something cool that I thought of this week in my studies! It is amazing the awesome knowledge that our Heavenly Father gives to us when we study the scriptures!
So anyways, we had a tough time teaching people this week because people kept canceling on us, but we were able to talk to a couple of members this week and they are going to have us over for a dinner and invite their non-member friend to it and so that is something that was pretty cool! It is amazing because there was this one member who we were with that is going in and out and activity in the church and they just moved into a brand new home and so we blessed it and then afterward I asked who they knew who needed a prayer in their life and they started off with the usual, I don't know answer, but then the spirit started to work and the wife said that she had a friend that she had invited to church a while a go but it never went anywhere. So with the blessings of modern technology in her fingertips she got on facebook and started to message her and was able to set up a lesson with her friend in her house! That was so amazing! It is amazing what good you can do with technology and to how easy it is to share the gospel on the Internet now! That is something that I will do when I get home and use that for good and not as a way of wasting time.
Hope the summer in going good for you guys!
Hope your week goes great!
Love,
Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.