Tuesday, January 17, 2012

So I did get a new companion this week and he is pretty awesome!!!!  He is from El Salvador, San Salvador!!  That is way cool!!!  Luckily his English is really good and there are only a few times where I have had to tell him what a word means.  Sometimes I don't even know!! haha Should have paid better attention in English class!!  Who would have know that that class would come in handy one day!  He is a really good missionary and we are teaching in unity really fast!!! So that is a good sign!!  He talks to some of the people here who speak Spanish and that is warming a lot of them up to listen to us, but we have to teach in English, of course.  He is teaching me a few Spanish phrases here and there and that is really fun.  So by the time I  come home, I will be able to carry on a gospel conversation in Spanish!!  The whole district that I am in got transferred out and, so I am the only remaining member of the district left!!  All the missionaries keep asking me about their area and their investigators and where to shop and etc...so I am the Old person of the district!! Last one standing!

So this week we have had a really good week!!!  When Elder Nieman and I were still companions in the Anthem area, we gave the new family a tour of the new Anthem chapel and that was a really strong spiritual experience!!  We commited them to baptism and we are going to set a date with them tonight!!  So that is really exciting!! Emma is doing well!!  Her mom is meeting with the bishop tonight, and so we will see how things go with that, and if it is good, then we will still be on for the 21st!!  We picked up a couple new investigators this week and the missionary work here is going forth really nicely.  They both came to church and they are both being worked on be the spirit!!  The work in Anthem is going really strong and it is really nice to see all of the hard work that me and Elder Nieman put into this area.  The area has gone from a straight tracting area to a member-missionary work area.  The harvest of souls is greater when following the Prophets counsel to have a member missionary focused area.
 
Well, this week has been a really good week filled with lots of people coming to church and able to feel of that special spirit there!!  I have gained a true testimony of having people come to church and to feel of that spirit there.
 
Hope all is well!!!
 
Love,
 
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.